Head of Engineering - Stealth AI Sales Enablement SaaS Startup

New York, New York
Work Type: Full Time
Role Description
UP.Labs is seeking a proven hands on Head of Engineering with a track record of scaling technical teams in a 0-to-1 or early stage environment to lead a SaaS intelligent sales enablement platform rapidly scaling within our portfolio. This Stealth AI Enablement business is poised to ignite an evolution in human performance for a large and underserved market, has initial customers in place, and is ready to scale. As our Head of Engineering within this portfolio organization, you’ll be working on challenges focused around Machine Learning Sales predictions, LLM modeling and building multi platform products. You’ll be joining a well funded startup, which is part of the UP.Partners ecosystem. You'll have access to an expansive team across product, engineering, design, analytics, marketing, legal, talent, finance, and venture capital available to help advise & scale the portfolio organization quickly.

In this role you will:
  • Immediately step into a business built for success - quickly utilizing the UP.Ecosystem for advisory and connections, work directly with a highly qualified CEO and corporate partner closely invested in the success of this org., and manage an already-established product market fit; harnessing our proven & strict methodology to potentially achieve quick and long-term wins.
  • Act as a players coach. This person will be part of the founding team, and we're looking for someone who's excited to be in an early stage environment writing code up to 60% of the time, with the other 40% being team management, working with product and leadership team.
  • Oversee and lead all technical aspects of the company; leading with a hands-on approach to building processes & playbooks, recruiting your team, setting goals, strategy alignment, and managing expectations with internal teams, corporate partners, investors, and UP.Labs.
  • Manage the technical P&L and determine the most essential KPIs & goals while simultaneously building a global team to execute on them.
  • Partner with UP.Labs and portfolio technical leadership to create a product and technical vision, ensuring an uncompromising focus on customer experience.
  • Hire, retain, and mentor a world-class team consisting of diverse skill-sets; enhance employee performance via evaluation and coaching
You should have:
  • 5+ years full stack software engineering experience with 5+ years of experience leading, developing, and scaling engineering teams
  • Success as a cross-functional people manager of an operationally complex, high-growth environment with an ability to be hands-on while allocating resources correctly.
  • Retail industry experience (sales team product focus a plus)
  • Experience building and maintaining a "sticky" consumer app or B2B2C app
  • Familiarity with data engineering and science principles
  • Tech Stack Experience: Javascript (Node.js, Nest.js, React, Next.js, React Native) Vercel, Azure or AWS, GraphQL, MongoDB
  • Leadership experience; preferably early-stage, venture backed growth companies in retail
  • Hands-on and end-to-end product build, development and delivery experience with a mix of customer interfaces (e.g web, mobile), languages and technologies
  • Experience working with agile, lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc
  • High EQ and low ego; you carry an executive presence regardless of years of experience.
  • You’ve helped to recruit and retain world-class talent, while developing a values-oriented, high-performance culture.
  • Exceptional collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
UP.Labs Summary:
We build high-growth tech startups. Our unique approach includes meaningful equity rewards, technology-driven products, and unprecedented industry access. We collaborate with corporate investors to launch and scale ventures
Our platform is unique in three ways:
  1. Risk: We reward our entire team and ecosystem of partners with meaningful equity
  2. Disruption: We build and launch scalable technology products that transform industries
  3. Industry Focus: We stay focused on the underlying fabric of retail
We work with corporate investors over a multi-year period to launch a portfolio of ventures. Our team is dedicated to the first year of a new venture’s life cycle: from ideation to minimum viable product build - and beyond.

Submit Your Application

You have successfully applied
  • You have errors in applying

EEOC Questionaire