You have ideally built and sold a successful venture in the retail, marketing or data enrichment space and you are ready to do it again. This is why you should do it with UP.Labs:
- Funding in place from Tier 1 VC
- Target exit timing is short (~3 years) compared to traditional startup with usually longer corporate development timelines
- An immediate established customer - our Corporate Partner becomes first customer of the portfolio company (with a strong pipeline of additional customers in place)
- Product market fit achieved by proven team with strict research methodology from leading global enterprise firms, venture studios and successfully exited startups
- Ecosystem of top tier talent and supporting services to quickly scale your teams
- You will receive a competitive base salary as well as sizeable early stage equity in a portfolio company backed by leading corporate investors and our venture capital partners.
- You can get right to building and doing what you love without the red tape of larger corporations or limitations of typical early stage startups.
Entrepreneurs can rapidly create and launch technology-focused startups at UP.Labs with fewer roadblocks and less red tape than they would face with traditional accelerators / incubators, or in scaling the business on their own.
UP.Labs is seeking a proven, product-centric CEO with a track record of successful exit(s) to lead a ML-based marketing SaaS product, leveraging Computer Vision, Recommendation Engine and AR, rapidly scaling within our portfolio. As a CEO with UP.Labs, you’ll have end-to-end oversight of your portfolio company: building product and operations roadmaps; setting go-to-market strategy, establishing marketing goals, and building/retaining teams to meet the expectations of both internal partners and external investors. You’ll also have access to the UP.Ecosystem - an expansive team across product, engineering, design, analytics, marketing, legal, talent, finance, and venture capital available to help advise & scale your portfolio organization. With elevated external/internal buy-in towards launched portfolio organizations, counseling from our UP.Ecosystem, and funding from our fund and our corporate partners; we believe we have the ability to launch generation-defining organizations.
In this role you will:
- Immediately step into a early-stage business built for success - quickly utilizing the UP.Ecosystem for advisory and connections, you’ll also work directly with a corporate partner closely invested in the success of this org.; bringing in your expertise to help augment the product and drive growth with external customers.
- Oversee and lead all operations and products at the company; leading with a hands-on approach to building processes, playbooks, goals, and sets expectations with internal teams, corporate partners, investors, and UP.Labs.
- Lead the go-to-market strategy to scale across multiple markets, working directly with Marketing, Finance, and Data teams to define the product roadmap.
- Direct responsibility for the success of the your inherited organization; managing P&L and determining the most essential KPIs & goals while simultaneously building a team to execute on them.
- Partner with UP.Labs and portfolio technical leadership to create a product and technical vision, ensuring an uncompromising focus on customer experience.
- Hire, retain, and mentor a world-class team consisting of diverse skill-sets; enhance employee performance via evaluation and coaching.
You should have:
- Success as a cross-functional people manager of an operationally complex, high-growth environment with an ability to be hands-on while allocating resources correctly.
- Leadership experience; preferably early-stage, venture backed growth companies in ML, marketing SaaS, computer vision, and AR.
- Experience building hypergrowth start-up ventures, preferably as an early-stage leader
- Experience both designing and executing on strategies, helping to scale a product or services company’s operations, employees, customers, partners, market growth, and revenue.
- Reputation as a well-rounded project manager with exceptional go-to-market and product instincts; able to bring sales, marketing, customer experience, talent, product, and operations together under common objectives.
- High EQ and low ego; you carry an executive presence regardless of years of experience.
- You’ve helped to recruit and retain world-class talent, while developing a values-oriented, high-performance culture.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
We build high-growth technology startups that enable faster, cleaner, and safer movement of people and goods. Our vision is to transform the moving world by pairing leading corporations and entrepreneurs with a proven methodology for launching and scaling software and hardware companies.
Our platform is unique in three ways:
- Risk: We reward our entire team and ecosystem of partners with meaningful equity
- Technology: We build and launch scalable technology products that form the basis for each venture
- Industry Focus: We stay focused on the underlying fabric of retail mobility
We work with corporate investors over a multi-year period to launch a portfolio of ventures. Our team is dedicated to the first year of a new venture’s life cycle: from ideation to minimum viable product build - and beyond.
A CEO comes in at month 10-12 of the company’s lifecycle post seed financing, taking the baton from the UP.Labs team to immediately build your team, scale the current MVP and go-to-market strategy, and lead the portfolio organization in day-to-day operations. CEO’s have access to key advisory from the UP.Ecosystem, and embedded strategic corporate partnerships partnered directly with the venture to quickly scale the organization with high-probability.