As our Venture CEO leading one of our innovation labs, you’ll manage the relationship and innovation pipeline between UP.Labs and one of our Corporate Partners (current partners include Porsche and others). The Venture CEO internally manages a team of world-class product, engineering, product design, and business growth leaders - guiding them to successfully ideate product that have the potential to be unicorns within the mobility sector and adjacent industries. You’ll lead your lab team with a strict internal methodology from ideation, to validation, incubation, and MVP launch; being both cheerleader and validation partner as your team builds industry-defining products with our Corporate Partners.
Venture CEO’s have experience managing multiple team disciplines building a 0>1 product with experience in highly-regarded consulting or enterprise innovation lab environments. You’ll bring a distinct methodology to validate and grow products, and will be the lynchpin leading your lab team, UP.Labs, and our corporate partner to unprecedented success.
In this role you will:
- Directly manage UP.Lab’s relationship as the intermediary between us and the corporate partner. You’ll be the direct thought leader your lab team and the corporate partner depends on to further our relationship and build industry-defining products.
- Lead your lab team of 7+ direct reports ranging from product, engineering, business growth, and product design leaders to ideate, validate, and build product to MVP from 0>1
- Own the P&L for your lab team and allocate resources for external research and consulting brand, engineering, recruiting, and data science shops
- Strategize initial business development initiatives for your lab’s portfolio organizations; leading them to their 2nd enterprise customer past the initial corporate partner
- Build a culture within your lab team, including planning team-building events for both your lab team and corporate partner
- Manage external resources including development shops, research firms, and strategic partnerships
- Lead all investor committee meetings for your corporate partner lab, inclusive of prepping both your lab team and the corporate partner on subject matter and the state of current products within the innovation funnel
You should have:
- 10-12+ years of experience managing multiple corporate disciplines in an operationally-driven role building product from 0>1 strongly preferred
- Passion and/or previous experience with Mobility, AI, or Data Science products is preferred
- Experience building and leading teams within a top-tier consulting organization or enterprise innovation lab strongly preferred
- Experience partnering with enterprise organizations for business development or product initiatives to beneficial outcomes
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree (postgraduate, MBA) or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience in a high-pressure start-up environment with exposure to multidisciplinary teams and/or involvement with a top-tier consulting firm
We build high-growth technology startups that enable faster, cleaner, and safer movement of people and goods. Our vision is to transform the moving world by pairing leading corporations and entrepreneurs with a proven methodology for launching and scaling software and hardware companies.
Our platform is unique in three ways:
- Risk: We reward our entire team and ecosystem of partners with meaningful equity
- Technology: We build and launch scalable technology products that form the basis for each venture
- Industry Focus: We stay focused on the underlying fabric of society mobility and transportation
We work with corporate investors over a multi-year period to launch a portfolio of mobility-focused ventures. Our team is dedicated to the first year of a new venture’s life cycle: from ideation to minimum viable product build (and beyond) to recruiting and hiring the full-time team who will scale the business. We rapidly ideate concepts from scratch and vet them for early indicators of product-market fit.
We are a group of entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, designers, who live, eat and breathe mobility. We have all launched early-stage companies and been part of their growth and scale. Our office is located in an airplane hangar at the Santa Monica Airport in Los Angeles, where we ideate, prototype, and take an occasional flight (or flying lesson).
While we focus on mobility holistically, there are several opportunity spaces that we believe will have a particularly transformative impact on our world. Below are some of the spaces that excite us the most.
- Smart Cities
- Urban Air Mobility
- Supply Chain Management
- Automotive Software
Location: San Francisco Bay