UP.Labs is looking for an experienced, lead product designer who can drive design strategy and execution. You are someone who is familiar with the software life cycle, can adapt quickly with a small, collaborative team, and thrives on designing and iterating B2B and consumer products. You have significant experience conceptualizing ideas and quickly moving from proof-of-concept to MVP to Alpha, and beyond.
In this role you will:
- From conceptual design to deliverables: move fluidly between high-level concepting, wireframes, product design, user-interface, and interaction design, visual design, storytelling, and prototyping
- Oversee quantitative and qualitative user research that drive design decisions and roadmap
- Participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking
- Introduce trends and exemplars across a variety of emerging technologies
- Balance customer frictions and needs with our client’s business goals, market viability, and technical feasibility
- Deliver concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, system maps, user flows, wireframes, visual design comps, and prototypes with Figma, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including management consultants, product managers, engineers, marketers, and corporate executives
- Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to partners and clients, both verbally and visually
- Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented
- Work within and continue to evolve our design system
You should have:
- 5+ years of professional experience building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products from ideation to implementation.
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.Working experience with Figma, Adobe CS, and Zeplin
- Ability to communicate the process, approach, and impact of your design in verbal and visual presentation.
- Excellent collaborative skills with colleagues and cross-functional teams including product, engineering, and business
- Ability to participate effectively in qualitative user research and usability testing
- Shipped a product to users and made iterations based on user feedback to make improvements.
- Translate a desired product vision into a practical user experience prompt and break it down into tasks.
- Works well on small teams as the true design owner in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- A love for user research, with an appreciation of how to balance qualitative feedback, quantitative data, and empathy to deliver innovative, user-centric solutions.
What You’ll Get
- At Up.Labs you will get competitive compensation (base + equity) and great benefits (unlimited PTO, medical, dental, vision, 401K). You’ll also have the chance to connect with our network of professionals spanning across our portfolio of companies and the greater UP ecosystem
- As a venture team hire helping create our companies from the very early days, you will get early stage equity in a portfolio of companies that are backed by leading corporate investors and our Venture Capital partners
- We will compensate you very well, invest deeply in your development, and do everything we can to make sure this is a job you love and want to keep!
We build high-growth technology startups that enable faster, cleaner, and safer movement of people and goods. Our vision is to transform the moving world by pairing leading corporations and entrepreneurs with a proven methodology for launching and scaling software and hardware companies.
Our platform is unique in three ways:
- Risk: We reward our entire team and ecosystem of partners with meaningful equity
- Technology: We build and launch scalable technology products that form the basis for each venture
- Industry Focus: We stay focused on the underlying fabric of society mobility and transportation
We work with corporate investors over a multi-year period to launch a portfolio of mobility-focused ventures. Our team is dedicated to the first year of a new venture’s life cycle: from ideation to minimum viable product build (and beyond) to recruiting and hiring the full-time team who will scale the business. We rapidly ideate concepts from scratch and vet them for early indicators of product-market fit.
We are a group of entrepreneurs, investors, engineers, designers, who live, eat and breathe mobility. We have all launched early-stage companies and been part of their growth and scale. Our office is located in an airplane hangar at the Santa Monica Airport in Los Angeles, where we ideate, prototype, and take an occasional flight (or flying lesson).
While we focus on mobility holistically, there are several opportunity spaces that we believe will have a particularly transformative impact on our world. Below are some of the spaces that excite us the most.
- Smart Cities
- Urban Air Mobility
- Supply Chain Management
- Automotive Software
Location: Los Angeles
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying