UP.Labs is seeking a hands-on Director of Engineering, Data Science with a deep expertise in data, machine learning and scaling teams from 0>1. As a Director of Engineering, you'll be working on an ML-based product in the automotive industry rapidly scaling within our portfolio - This role is pivotal in shaping the future of automotive data intelligence and the connected car domain. The ideal candidate is outcome-driven, ready to make an immediate impact, and possesses a blend of technical prowess and leadership acumen.
In this role you will:
- Immediately step into a business built for success - quickly utilizing the UP.Ecosystem for advisory and connections, work directly with a highly qualified CEO and corporate partner closely invested in the success of this org., and manage an already-established product market fit; harnessing our proven & strict methodology to potentially achieve quick and long-term wins.
- Work with the CTO to lead the technical direction of the company, while initially acting as an individual contributor diving deep in to technical challenges in the data science space.
- Work on challenges centered around predictive ML, high volume data, automotive tech (connected car or API frameworks) and large enterprise architectures and SaaS applications.
- Work closely with Product, Marketing, and customers to shape the product roadmap and go-to-market strategies
- Spearhead data science initiatives, drive the development and deployment of machine learning models, and ensure the team is leveraging the latest algorithms and techniques for maximum impact
- Partner with UP.Labs and portfolio technical leadership to create a product and technical vision, ensuring an uncompromising focus on customer experience.
- Hire, retain, and mentor a world-class team consisting of diverse skill-sets; enhance employee performance via evaluation and coaching.
You should have:
- 6+ years software or data engineering experience with 3+ years of experience leading, developing, and scaling teams
- Strong background in data science and machine learning, with a proven track record of implementing ML solutions in real-world scenarios.
- Leadership experience; preferably early-stage, venture backed growth companies in predictive ML, recommendation engines or large enterprise architectures
- Familiarity of data storage, retrieval, and data architecture
- Experience building hyper-growth start-up ventures in the automotive space (connected car or API framework), preferably as an early-stage data leader
- Experience working with agile, lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc
- Experience building cloud native software architectures
- High EQ and low ego; you carry an executive presence regardless of years of experience.
- You’ve helped to recruit and retain world-class talent, while developing a values-oriented, high-performance culture.
- Exceptional collaboration, communication, and leadership skills.
We build high-growth technology startups that enable faster, cleaner, and safer movement of people and goods. Our vision is to transform the moving world by pairing leading corporations and entrepreneurs with a proven methodology for launching and scaling software and hardware companies.
Our platform is unique in three ways:
- Risk: We reward our entire team and ecosystem of partners with meaningful equity
- Technology: We build and launch scalable technology products that form the basis for each venture
- Industry Focus: We stay focused on the underlying fabric of retail mobility
We work with corporate investors over a multi-year period to launch a portfolio of ventures. Our team is dedicated to the first year of a new venture’s life cycle: from ideation to minimum viable product build - and beyond
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying