As a Founding Lead Engineer at UP.Labs, you'll get to play a key and unique role in building an exciting concept in the eCommerce space.
You'll act as a software architect and engineering team lead for this new concept and will be responsible for the technical design and delivery of the product. You will work closely with our corporate partner and our other cohorts to ensure that the team is focused on doing the right thing, at the right time, and in the right way. You’ll have the support you need to unlock the potential of your team, and work with your partners to get the job done.
This is a unique opportunity in that you will start in the lab building this concept into a functional MVP and then follow the product out of the lab post-launch as the first engineering hire for the new company.
In this role you will:
● Build, grow and operate this specific product, working alongside venture leadership, corporate partners and other cohorts
● Design and deliver an impactful technical solution to this complex problem
● Assist in vetting, interviewing and onboarding fellow engineer team members
● Writing code and contributing to the codebase, while reviewing and mentoring other engineers on the team
● Create rapid proofs of concept, then scale into a functional MVP to turn this concept into tangible reality
● Build around software best practices such as testability, security, scalability, operability etc
● Enjoy working in a diverse, dynamic, collaborative, transparent and inclusive environment where all ideas and opinions are equally valued
You should have:
● 7+ years full stack software engineering experience as hands-on team lead
● Familiarity and preference working in ambiguous, fast-paced environments such as startups and growth-phase tech companies.
● Hands-on and end-to-end product build, development and delivery experience with a mix of customer interfaces (e.g web, mobile), languages and technologies
● Experience leading remote, distributed teams including full-time engineers and vendors/contractors
● Experience working with agile, lean and Continuous Delivery approaches, such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc
● Experience building cloud native software architectures
● Strong experience in collaborating with Product teams to find effective solutions
● Strong communication skills put to use by explaining technical vision and deeply technical concepts to a variety of multidisciplinary team members
● An open, curious and humble mindset that builds on to our open, inclusive and collaborative environment
Below are the technologies we commonly use. However, you'll have the option to choose the best tool for the job, so don't consider this list either exhaustive or immutable:
Frameworks & Libraries: React, React Native, Flutter, TensorFlow